Today I thought I would share my recipe for individual Apple Crumble’s! This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy free, and can be made Vegan! It’s really easy, and inexpensive to make. Hope you like this!
You will need:
- 1 Apple for each person (I use Granny Smith green apples)
- 1/4-1/2cup of crushed nuts (I used Almonds)
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups of Gluten Free flour
- 1/4-1/2 cup of Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of honey (If vegan, change with agave nectar, or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup of butter (I use a dairy free olive oil based alternative)
- Vanilla bean (extract, or from a grinder)
*Also recommend adding in oats into the flour if not gluten free
- Preheat your oven to 170c fan forced.
- Butter your individual crumble dishes and set aside.
- Start with adding your flour, sugar, and chopped nuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your cold butter to this mixture, and mix with your hands until bread like curbs are formed.
- Peel, core, and cut up your apples into small slices and place in a seperate bowl (Don’t worry if your apples start to turn brown).
- Add your tablespoon of cinnamon to the apple mixture and mix until all the apple is covered in the cinnamon.
- Add your honey (if using it) or your alternative to the apple mixture and mix until combined (if using the vanilla, add it now).
- Place your apple mixture evenly into each of the buttered dishes.
- Place your crumble mixture on top of your apple mixture evenly until all of the apple is covered.
- Place in your preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the crumble is browned and the apples are soft.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Hope you liked this!
Have you ever made apple crumble?
Whats your go to dessert?
Love B x