This is one of my favourite recipes i’ve been making for a while. It’s a beautiful slice packed with seeds, dates, and chocolate chips! It’s an easy recipe to make, and I hope you enjoy it!
You will need…
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup of DF butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup of honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup (or a mixture)
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract/paste
- 2 Eggs (chia/flax seed alternative)
- 1/4 cup of Milk (your choice which)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup of Dates (chopped in quarters)
- 1/3 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- Cocoa powder (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat your oven to 175c (350f) and line a 8×8 tin and set aside
- If using chia/flax seeds, start this process now.
- Chop up your dates into quarters, and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix your butter (coconut oil), honey, vanilla extract, eggs, and milk until all combined.
- In a seperate bowl, mix your coconut flour, pumpkin seeds, dates, baking soda, and salt.
- Add your dry mixture to your wet, and mix until all combined.
- Fold your chocolate chips into your mixture, and spread evenly across your prepared baking tin.
- Sprinkle some coca powder over the top of your slice, and put into the oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs on it!
- Set aside on a wire rack, and leave for 20 minutes before you cut it into slices!
- Enjoy 🙂
Love B x