Welcome to the third day of coconut flour week!
Today i’m going to be sharing a recipe that I absolutely love, brownies! Everybody loves a good brownie, and this one is good for you, and tastes great. Hope you like it!
You will need…
- 1/2 Cup, plus 2 TBS of Dairy Free Butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 Cup of cocoa powder (cacao, whichever you would like)
- 3 Eggs (regular, or chia/flaxseed alternatives)
- 1/2 Cup of maple syrup (or agave nectar/honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup of chopped mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 150c (300f) and line and grease a 8×8 inch brownie tin.
- If you are using chia/flax seed egg as an alternative, start this process now.
- Place your mixed nuts in a blender (or chop) until they are fine, no big lumps!
- Melt your butter (or coconut oil) in a large bowl, and add your sieved cocoa powder, and eggs- mix quickly and thoroughly until all is combined.
- Add your vanilla extract/paste, and maple syrup/agave/honey and mix until combined.
- Now sieve, and add your coconut flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly so all the coconut flour is dispersed evenly.
- Gently fold your chocolate chips, and nuts into this mixture until all combined.
- Place into your prepared brownie tin, and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean!
- Enjoy 🙂