Welcome to the second day of coconut flour week! I hope our enjoying this concept. Today I thought I would share a recipe with you thats a spin on a classic dessert. Truffles are, for me, a Christmas thing, but this recipe makes them an all year round thing now! Peanut butter, and almond butter are great, in moderation, and have a lot of good things in them. So, this little dessert is pretty healthy for you, mixed with the coconut flour, so I hope you enjoy them!
You will need
For the Truffle Mixture
- 1 Cup of Nut Butter (I used Almond, and Peanut)
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract/Paste
For the chocolate outer layer
- 2 Cups of dairy free chocolate chips
- Line a small baking tray and set aside.
- Get a large mixing bowl and stir your nut butter, coconut flour, and vanilla extract together until everything is combined.
- Place in the freezer until the mixture is firm enough to scoop and mould (about an hour).
- Scoop the mixture into small balls and place onto your prepared baking tray, and place back in the freezer until firm.
- Melt your chocolate, either in a bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave. Whichever you prefer!
- Remove one truffle at a time from the freezer. Place the truffle on the end of a fork, and using a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over them until it is fully covered.
- Hold the truffle to one side so all the extra chocolate melts of, before placing it back onto your baking tray.
- Continue to do this technique until al truffles are covered!
- Enjoy 🙂
*if you would like other flavours in this, try melting some orange/coffee chocolate and coat the truffles with this 🙂
Love B x