Welcome to the first recipe of my coconut flour series! I thought I would start of with a classic cookie recipe. The coconut flour makes these cookies quite soft; these aren’t the regular hard and chewy cookies, but they are just as delicious!
You will need
Cookie Mixture: Makes 8
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar (Maple Syrup/Agave nectar would work too)
- 1/3 Cup of butter (I use a dairy free version)
- 3 eggs *
- 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract (or paste
* You can replace egg with a chia seed/flax seed egg, or with almond/peanut butter to make it vegan. I used a mixture of egg, and chia seed egg in this recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 175c (350F), and line, and set aside, a baking tray.
- If using chia/flax seeds for egg, make this now so it has time to set!
- In a large bowl, sieve your coconut flour, baking soda, brown sugar (very lumpy), and salt- mix to combine.
- Now add your eggs of choice, vanilla and butter, and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps.
- Get a chopping board and start to chop your chocolate into any size you desire, and add to your cookie mixture.
- Wet your hands, and start to roll out your cookie dough into 8 identical balls, and place on your prepared baking tray.
- Flatten them down a little bit, and put into your heated oven for 13-15 minutes, until they are a nice golden brown (they will feel a little soft when you take them out, its okay!)
- Enjoy 🙂
Love B x