I thought I would share my recipe for gluten free and dairy free banana bread!
Banana bread is one of my favourite treats, and I feel like i’m being healthy because of all the banana!
Makes one big loaf!
- 2 cups of standard flour (whichever you would like to use)
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas (mashed until smooth)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup of Butter (any kind that you would like)
- 2 TB of Brown Sugar
- 1 TB of maple syrup (or agave nectar, golden syrup)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup-1/3rd cup of Milk
Optional add ins:
– Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat your oven to 180C (360F) and line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside
- Start by mixing your butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a big bowl until mixed thoroughly
- Next sift your flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into your butter mixture until combined
- Now you will need a seperate bowl to mash all of your bananas until smooth
- Add your eggs to the banana mixture one at a time until thoroughly mixed
- Now add your vanilla to the banana mixture and add this mixture to the flour bowl
- Once mixed thoroughly, add the milk one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is very runny
- Pour mixture into your prepared loaf tin and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean!
Sorry I don’t have a picture of the loaf when it was done!
Hope you liked this recipe, let me know if you tried it out 🙂
Love B x